We are a dedicated team of professionals who believe that a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s need not result in an increasingly empty life filled with losses. We are devoted to using the DAWN® Method to help our clients live full and happy lives—and help their families experience less stress. We believe that aging in place is possible despite dementia.
We believe in training. Each of us is certified in the DAWN® Method and in the dementia care courses recognized by the Alzheimer’s Association (CARES EssentiALZ). We read and apply the principles of dementia care that are in use in Britain and Europe. Our goal for our clients is to see them develop a sense of security and wellbeing through our use of the DAWN method, and progress through dementia with as much joy and little distress as possible.
Our interactions with our clients and their families are guided by the following principles:
- Each person—regardless of age, ability, or infirmity—deserves to be treated with dignity, respect, and admiration.
- Each person has social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, and financial needs. Health and happiness are the result of having needs met in each of those areas.
- People experience more quality of life living in their own homes than living in care facilities, as long as appropriate supports are available.
- Good caregiving means maximizing resources—including family, friends, social activities, hobbies, interests, and finances.
- With oversight and regular assessments, homes can be made comfortable and safe so people can continue living at home indefinitely.